Some Final Words
Dark Connections was developed mainly as a device to assist learning about scripting and is far from being a perfect every-day design. I want to use this page to collect ideas about how you might extend and adapt the scripts. Some might even be included in future versions of the tutorial.
- Dark Connections doesn’t support playlist sorting in any way. Usually you can sort the list by clicking on the column headers. However Foobar2000 sorts only individual lines and you certainly can imagine what that means for an album mode playlist: complete disruption of the display. The right place to solve this issue are the columns’ custom sort options.
- You could add columns for the popular play counter or rating components.
- Support additional tags. E. g. I use
%version% to store the song’s version name like ‘album version’, ‘radio edit’ etc.
- Probably a better way to display replaygain values would be using the RGain column for trackgain only and display albumgain in the Artist/Album column once for each album. I refrained from doing that just to not complicate the Artist/Album script even more.
- Classical music usually requires a different tagging approach and accompanying support for those tags.